Sunday, April 26, 2009

Translation of update on Chinese team (thanks to longdongdoy)

Anchorwoman: Welcome back to the worlds sports news. Having your name being elected onto the Golden Hall of Champions is certainly one of the greatest honor in ones life; and it happens to the Chinese gymnastic team every year. This morning, there were a total of seven new additions of honored Chinese athletes to the Golden Hall of Champions.

Anchorman: That's right. The Beijing Olympics Women Gymnastic Team Champions, He Kexin, Yang Yilin, Jiang Yuyuan, Li Shanshan and Deng Linlin [Cheng Fei?], and gold medalists Zhang Hung Hao and Feng Zhe at last year's World Cup Finals, are the latest additions of honored athletes.

Anchorwoman: As we saw the end of this cycle of the honorable Olympic ceremony, the now well-known Olympic champions stepped off the stage and got right back into their next level of training; while they started off refreshed and energized, some are going through the agony of injuries.

Anchorman: He Kexin, who earned 2 gold medals at the Olympics, was arranged to be the spokesperson for the honored group at the ceremony, but due to time restriction, her part of the ceremony was canceled.

(video shows He Kexin interviewed by Zhang Jie)

Kexin: This was my printed speech.

Zhang: Let me look at it.

Kexin: I didnt get the chance to present it.

Zhang: How many times did you go through it?

Kexin: Many times. I was supposed to give this speech, but I didn't get to do it. I got so nervous for nothing. *laughs*

Narrator: Back from the Olympics, there were changes in the lives of these champions; for example, the juniors of the provincial teams look up to them as idols, writing letters and sending gifts to their seniors. These colorful hair clips were from the juniors.

Kexin: When we go out, folks on the streets would call out our names.

Zhang: Were you excited when they do that?

Kexin: Yes.

Yilin: When I get online, I'm so grateful that the fans are so caring towards us.

Zhang: Do you have a lot of fans?

Yilin: Yes, I have a lot.

Zhang: How do they praise you?

Yilin: Er that I'm pretty with fine temperament. *embarrassed smile*

Narrator: And Deng Linlin feels that she's now more valued by the national team coaches, and they love to have jokes with her.

Linlin: I'm a shorty, and from time to time they ask, Have you grown some yet? I said yes, and they go, How much? And I said, 1 centimeter.

(scene switches to the main training hall)

Narrator: On the day of the ceremony, the champions arrived very early; when they first joined the national team, they had dreamed of this moment.

Yuyuan: At first, I was thinking when would I get there, because I thought it was quite impossible for me. But now it's happening.

Kexin: My standards were low when I first came in; I felt it keenly when I saw how my big sisters trained (the senior gymnasts). I only dared to wish to get to the top 3 position and that it would make me very happy.

Narrator: The Olympic Team Championship made their dream come true; from now on, their pictures on the wall will be a motivation for the junior national team members.

(national team head coach, Lu Shan Zhen, being interviewed)

Coach Lu: At this cycle, our women team performed outstandingly. The honored athletes are the most this time around. From that side on (pointing at pictures) Zhang Nan, Pang Panpan, Li Ya, He Ning, Zhou Zuo Ru, He Kexin, Yang Yilin, Jiang Yuyuan, Li Shanshan, Deng Linlin; this is the most at this cycle. An important point is that, we had made breakthrough in our training concepts; great changes in training methods, in competitive mentality; it leads us to these fine results, and got so many of our athletes up on the Wall of Champions.

Narrator: The ceremony had set the motion for the 2012 Olympics. New rules will be implemented at the London Olympics; also, with the upcoming talented group of juniors, the champions will have to adapt to face these challenges.
Among the new generation of champions, He Kexin's skills stands out distinctively; apart from her advantageous UB technique, Kexin is focusing currently on training all around.

Kexin: I feel that at this stage as I work towards reaching my peak, I will strive hard to achieve the highest level that I could possibly get to.

Narrator: Since the Olympics, Yilin's teammates are envious as shes grown taller.

Zhang: You have grown taller since the Olympics, havent you?

Yilin: I have. They keep saying that I'm much taller now. But I worry that I couldn't flip if I get too long. *laughs*

Narrator: Due to an operation for her injury at the lower back, Yilin did not train normally the entire winter training; and that was the crucial training to develop difficulty value.

Zhang: Were you worried as everyone else was working on new techniques and having their difficulty value increased?

Yilin: I was. Kexin is getting much stronger on her Uneven Bars. And with the new rules being implemented, I don't know what new routine I will be working on.

Zhang: You feel that you can't see clearly towards where your next level leads to?!

Yilin: That's correct.

Narrator: Currently, Yilin's back on track, gradually; the upcoming national competition is her immediate target.

Narrator: There are many new junior teammates at the national training center now; the next Olympics in 2012, at London, has again placed all junior and senior athletes on the starting line.

No comments:

Post a Comment