Thursday, June 4, 2009

Romanian International

WAG participants: Amelia Racea, Raluca Haidu, Ana Porgras (her first competition since her knee surgery at the start of the year), Diana Chelaru and Gabriela Dragioi.
MAG: Flavius Koczi, Răzvan Şelariu, Alin Jivan, Marius Berbecar, Cosmin Popescu, Ovidiu Buidoşo, Andrei Ursache, and Adrian Bucur Cristian Băţagă.

No information on other competitors, but gymnasts from 11 countries will be competing. On the women's side, Dragoi and Ana Porgras will compete only two events, while the other three will do AA.

Daniel Popescu, silver medalist on vault at the 2007 Worlds, will miss the competition after an injury earlier this week. "I was trying a new element on the high bar and I felt a lot of pain in my back. I'm currently taking pills and injections, and I hope that by the end of the week I can resume training. I am sorry not to be at the International, it would be a good competition, but my health is more important at this time."

Sandra Izbasa is still recovering from her foot surgery. Inspired by Nadia has a recent interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment