Sunday, June 7, 2009

Amelia Racea wins Romanian International

Amelia Racea 58.15
Elisabetta Preziosa (ITA) 55.3
Diana Chelaru 55.25
Dorina Boczogo (HUN) 52.65
Goksu Ustas (TURK) 52.5
Yessenia Estrada (MEX) 50.05
Lotte BO (Norway) 47.85

A week ago Amelia Racea won the Citta di Lugano trophy in Milan. Today, she won the title of international champion of Romania. She spoke to Prosport about her goals for this year, the most important being the AA title at the European Youth Festival (FOTE), to be held in Tampere, from the 18th to the 25th of July.

Amelia, how was the competition today?

"It was very difficult. A competition is easier than training, where you have to repeat the same exercise dozens of times. I was nervous at the start, but I got over it; mostly about bars and beam, I think."

Was the competition similar to the Lugano?

"It was a bit more difficult to concentrate in Switzerland, because there were many girls and the competition was higher, but it was good because I was in both competitions, and I did as well as I wanted to."

What goals do you have for this year?

"To go to FOTE, win the all around, and each event final if possible."

Do you feel the pressure of everyone expecting results from you?

"It is hard - I think everyone has expectations. I'm not pushed too much."

What do you want to improve on?

"I want to get a more difficult vault, and improve on the bars."

What are your goals tomorrow?

"To win each event final, and perform my best."

You've competed in a lot of competitions since the start of the year. Are you tired?

"No. It's more important that I gain experience, and more confidence."

No comments:

Post a Comment