Friday, May 8, 2009

Dragulescu - "I'm an ambitious guy!"

Marian, what made you decide to return to competing?

"It won't be hard to come back [?]. I miss the competition, the atmosphere of the team, but I admit, there are also personal reasons behind my decision. In addition, I am an ambitious guy!"

[something about his health, he says he is ok]

It's not too short a time for Worlds?

"There are four months, and I'm not starting training again from scratch, so I think there's enough time. I also competed twice in Germany, so I have routines prepared."

What do you hope to achieve at Worlds?

"What everyone wants - a medal. I'll be attempting to medal in three events, and I hope to reach the podium on at least one."

Tuesday was the first official workout. How did you feel?

"We started a little easier. We discussed with the technical staff and put a plan on paper. I will gradually return to training without pushing too hard, so as to reach peak form by Worlds."

"You've decided to do three apparatuses: floor, vault and high bar. Why these ones?

"We talked to coaches and I realised that I had the results already. I know what I need to do. What I can say now is that it will be difficult, but safe."

[last question and paragraph are muddly]

-------------------------------

Coach Pascu gives his opinion:

"I was glad of his return, he was accepted unanimously by the entire team.

"He has no weight problems, he remained healthy during his months of rest, and also competed in the last two weeks of the Bundesliga.

"Our first objective is for his to back on the team I formed, and then to work on his FX and VT, especially his second VT, to give him more confidence. We also must prepare a routine on HB.

"We will work on these three events, and he will compete on them.

"His floor will have a difficulty of 6.6, even though he has dropped two elements.

"He will have sufficient time to train for Worlds.

"His decision to continue is entirely his. I have kept in touch with him and I think it is a wise decision. Marian still has a lot more he can accomplish in gymnastics."

No comments:

Post a Comment