Sunday, March 22, 2009

'Twas in parliament...

I wrote this in Year 10.

'Twas in Parliament
they were having an argument.
The Prime Minister -
Helen Clark to be exact -
said,
"I want it my way,
It just can't go your way.
Why can't you see what I'm trying to say?"
The Honourable Phil Goff
said,
"Helen, just listen.
What you're saying is true, but it's not quite refined.
If you see it my way,
you'll see my way is better -
we can compromise, see,
with ninety percent my idea
and ten percent yours.
But Helen got angry.
She said, "You cheating swindler!
Bah! Ninety percent your idea and ten percent mine.
What a liar you are!
What a swine! What a fraud!
How they voted you into parliament
I really can't see."
Then Phil got angry.
He said, "Helen, you biased creature!
You're biased for yourself
and prejudiced against me!
You could be the next Hitler,
the way you want to run this country.
How they voted you into parliament
I really can't see."
There was uproar in the chamber
and the Speaker called for order,
but nobody heard him
in all the commotion.
And they jumped on the tables,
and brutalised each other,
and then parliament was gone,
and so was democracy,
and so New Zealand became an anarchist state.

No comments:

Post a Comment